A Prequel is a film set before the previous work in a series.
Role in 5CREAMEdit
5CREAM is modeled after horror prequels, which have become extensively popular in the last few years, despite being met with negative reception. Most are direct to video horror prequels, but some have been the subject of much hype including Prometheus and The Evil Dead. Interquels such as the remakes of Halloween, the original Halloween II and also Freddy Vs. Jason are mentioned.
This keeps in canon with the layout of the series:
- Scream: Horror films
- Scream 2: Horror sequels
- Scream 3: Horror trilogies
- Scream 4: Horror remakes/reboots
- Scream 5: Horror prequels/interquels
The Rules of a PrequelEdit
- Largely the same rules as a remake, most prominently the killer is always behind you, or above you.
- Provide something old and something new.
- Connect the old and the new.
- The body count will be higher than the previous film, but only the new characters will be killed.
- Stay within continuity of the previous films.
Prequels referenced in 5CREAMEdit
- The Evil Dead
- The Thing
- Amityville II: The Possession
- Cube Zero
- Exorcist: The Beginning
- Final Destination 5
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
- Paranormal Activity 2
- Paranormal Activity 3
- Red Dragon
- Hannibal Rising
- Hello, Mary Lou: Prom Night 2
- Ginger Snaps Back
- Hellraiser: Bloodline
- Day of the Dead 2: Contaigum
- Cabin Fever 3: Patient Zero (upcoming)
- Vacancy 2: The First Cut
- Puppet Master: Axis of Evil
- Psycho IV
- Wrong Turn 4: Bloody Beginnings
- Tremors 4: The Legend Begins
- The Hobbit/Star Wars prequels (non-horror)