|Location:||Woodsboro, California, Windsor, Ohio, Hollywood, California, Sacramento, California (non-canon)|
|Occupation:||Writer, crisis call center operator (former), student (former)|
|Family:||Maureen Prescott, Neil Prescott, Roman Bridger, Jill Roberts, Kate Roberts, Todd Roberts (non-canon)|
|Stab actor:||Tori Spelling, Angelina Tyler|
|Appearance:||Scream, Scream 2, Scream 3, Scream 4|
She is the daughter of Maureen and Neil Prescott, the cousin of Jill Roberts, and the half-sister of Roman Bridger. She proved that she was a survivor when she beat the Woodsboro Killers, Billy Loomis and Stu Macher. Sidney tried to lead a normal life away from the limelight but copycat Ghostface killers struck again while she attended Windsor College. That time, it was Mrs. Loomis and Mickey Altieri behind the murders. Mrs. Loomis was looking for revenge on Sidney for killing her son and Mickey just wanted a famous trial. Sidney once again survived but chose to live in a secluded home in the woods with negligible contact with the outside world.
When Roman Bridger forced her out of hiding, she confronted him in Hollywood and finally found some closure. 10 years later, she wrote a book on her experiences with the hope of helping others overcome trauma. However, upon her subsequent return to her home town, a new set of killings caused her life to spin out of control once more. This time, they were orchestrated by her cousin, Jill Roberts.
Sidney was a regular teenage girl in Woodsboro, California. She dated a popular boy, Billy Loomis, having great friends and had a good relationship with her parents. Also, her best friend was Tatum Riley, a feisty, popular girl. One day, she returned home and found her mother brutally murdered after she thought she saw Cotton Weary leaving the house. Her testimony was key in his trial, which made her a national figure. Due to the death of her mother, she has many repressed feelings and trauma. Throughout the series and many attacks, she slowly becomes stronger by coping and surviving the traumatic ordeals in her life. By Scream 3 and 4, she is shown as an incredibly formidable survivor and has even been able to physically counter-attack Ghostface.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- She was described as "a young girl of 17...Sharp and clever with deep, lonely eyes" in the Scream script.
- She was described as "Two years older has brought a maturity to this beautiful young woman. Her face poses a maturity to this beautiful young woman. Her face poses a survivor's edge. Stronger and more determined, she appears to have weathered the storm" in the Scream 2 script.
- She was described as "the stoic, survivor. Now 24" in the Scream 3 script. The age is a mistake.
- 80s staple actress Molly Ringwald was offered the role of Sidney. She turned it down, stating at the time that she wasn't about to be a 27 year old playing a high school student.
- Oscar-winning actress Reese Witherspoon also turned down the role of Sidney Prescott.
- Actress Brittany Murphy was considered for the role of Sidney.
- Drew Barrymore was originally cast as Sidney Prescott but Barrymore insisted that if she played Casey, it would make the audience think that anything could happen.
- Melissa Joan Hart, Alicia Witt, Melanie Lynskey and Melinda Clarke all auditioned for the role of Sidney Prescott.